Optimizing Storeroom Inventory
In this challenging economy, effectively managing of storeroom inventory is even more important than ever. Successful implementation of this course will result in a more optimal management of inventory by reducing number of spare parts without increasing equipment downtime.
Your MP2®/Infor EAM® program provides the primary tools to improve spare parts management process by reducing inventory cost. This course is tailored for both beginner and advanced MP2®/EAM® users who wish to improve storeroom inventory management.
Benefits of improved storeroom inventory:
- Reduce inventory holding costs, including costs of
- Taxes and insurance
- Less time spent looking for parts
- Eliminate part duplication
- More accurate data provides leverage with vendors for price discounts
Course Outline - In this course, you will learn how to:
- Identify and manage slow moving, overstocked and obsolete inventory
- Determine key inventory indicators such as turnover ratios, stockout occurrences, service levels and part accuracy.
- Establish reordering programs that benefit the plant, not the part manufacturer
- Use part standardization as a strategy to share inventory between sites, achieve bulk buying discounts
- Reduce expensive emergency purchases