Improving Equipment Reliability
Improving Equipment Reliability.
This course teaches how to take your plant to a new level of maintenance excellence, moving from a reactive mode to a planned more. Successful implementation of this course will in a more efficient operation with reduced maintenance costs.
The advanced course is offered to MP2® and EAM® users. It is recommended for users who are ready to “move to the next level.“
How can equipment reliability be improved?
“Not all equipment is created equal”
To improve equipment reliability, a specific maintenance program is tailored for each machine, based on its importance and contribution to the manufacturing process.
The program is a mixture of condition based, time or interval based, reactive and proactive maintenance. These maintenance strategies are integrated to maximize equipment reliability while minimizing life-cycle costs .
Benefits of improving equipment reliability:
- Maintenance budget is optimized-majority of spending is allocated to critical equipment
- Minimize non-essential PM’s
- Reduce equipment downtime
The course will cover the following:
- Establish objectives of improving equipment reliability
- Determine the key performance indicators (KPI’s) that will measure success
- Determine criticality of production equipment
- Review work history of production equipment, including the reasons why the equipment failed and the consequences of that failure
- Develop a maintenance and reliability program for production equipment